This course is a
survey of the biology of plants, including aspects of plant diversity,
morphology, physiology and ecology. The goals of the course include:
• Improved understanding of the structure,
functioning, life histories and diversity of plants.
• Development of personal perception of plants in
• Development of ability to read scientific
literature, to analyze and assess the content of scientific discourse
and to synthesize information from a variety of sources.
• Development of ability to research topics in a
scientific manner, including both literature searches and the design
and implementation of experiments.
• Development of writing ability, particularly on